Saturday 31 January 2015

Beamish .....










I can't believe today is the last day of January already .... where did it go ??  I had meant to do this post about 10 days ago but time just completely went too fast.

Apart from both mine and Degz's birthday being in January and the fact that I've had two meals out this month , which is completely unheard of , I think the highlight of the month was going to Beamish Museum on a school trip with Milo's class.

If you follow me on Instagram then I apologise for the photo repeats but it just looked so lovely in the snow. Where we live we had a teensy tiny bit of the white stuff but just that little bit further inland it looked like this .

Milo's class are learning about the second world war so they had to dress up like evacuees for the trip . I couldn't find anything for him to wear so ended up knitting him a tank top . Normally I don't like making 'big' things as I get bored but on this occasion I made an exception.

The museum puts on special classes for schools so they were made to pretend that they had actually left their homes and were now living on a farm in the countryside. They were shown how to make carrot cookies and how to 'blackout' the windows of a house. I loved it all and could quite happily have stayed there but I think the highlight for most of the children was the visit to the sweet shop where they actually make all the old fashioned sweets ...

If you ever get the chance to go I would thoroughly recommend it .


4 comments:

  1. I haven't been there since I went on a school trip when I was about 14. really should go again.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are beautiful Lisa -- it sounds like it was a wonderful school trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just popped it on my list of places to visit. Happy belated birthday. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos, Lisa - and that tank top you made was superb! x

    ReplyDelete